Dalkey Archive Press is seeking candidates for a sixteen-week internship at its office in Victoria, Texas. Suitable candidates will do administrative tasks as assigned, proofreading, and may also be invited to read and critique manuscripts. This internship is a rare chance to learn about literary publishing while gaining valuable experience and getting to read some of the most innovative literature being published today.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Confidence in working independently, with good time management
- A flexible, positive attitude
- A knowledge of contemporary literature and of Dalkey Archive Press
- Proficiency using Microsoft and Adobe software
- Knowledge of Quickbooks a plus
The internship will be unpaid, but will be paid if renewed for another sixteen weeks.
CVs and a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications for the internship should be submitted no later than February 9th to: Jake Snyder, Associate Director, email@example.com