Submissions will reopen on October 1, 2016. With this reopening, the waiting time for responses to submissions will be approximately one year.
Dalkey Archive receives approximately 12,000 unsolicited manuscripts per year. We do not have the time or financial resources to respond to these submissions in a timely way. Please review our submission guidelines below. We will not review any manuscripts submitted to the subeditor address before the above date.
If you would like to submit a manuscript, please familiarize yourself with our list and the types of books we publish in order to determine whether yours would be appropriate. Please keep in mind as well that we publish primarily literary fiction, rarely poetry or non-fiction, and that we place a heavy emphasis upon fiction that belongs to the experimental tradition of Sterne, Joyce, Rabelais, Flann O’Brien, Beckett, Gertrude Stein, and Djuna Barnes.
If you would like to submit a critical or scholarly work for consideration, please see Dalkey Archive’s Scholarly Series page, here.
* A query letter with contact information should accompany your submission.
* In general, we respond within one year of receiving a submission. If you have not heard from us by the end of this period, you may contact us (by email) to check on the status of your manuscript. Contacting us earlier will not speed up the process. Please do not contact us by phone.
* Simultaneous submissions are accepted, so long as they are identified as such.
* We prefer submissions to be sent by e-mail, as attachments–saved as either PDFs or MS Word-compatible files less than 5mb in size–directed to email@example.com
* If you can only send a hard copy, please mail it to:
Dalkey Archive Press
Attn: Acquisitions Editor
3402 N Ben Wilson, Victoria, TX, 77901
Without an SASE we cannot respond to or return unsolicited submissions. Due to the volume of submissions received, we are not able to comment at length on individual manuscripts.