This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to expand the audience for literature from around the world and is dedicated to cultural causes that will change the world. Though we may prefer someone whose background is book marketing, we believe that people with relevant backgrounds and skills could be quite successful because Dalkey Archive is a mission-driven organization.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for creating, preparing, and establishing marketing strategies and an annual marketing plan for the entire year with the Publisher as well as for each new title by coordinating the efforts of publicity, promotion, advertising, online promotion, and sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Marketing Coordinator is responsible for achieving goals for sales and publicity, and;
* Creating marketing plan in March for the fiscal year that begins July 1st and getting approval from Director;
* Setting goals for net sales and achieving clear goals for dollar income from sales and net unit sales;
* Reviewing marketing plan each week with the publisher and, as necessary, revising strategies;
* Setting goals for reviews and reaching or surpassing these goals;
* Establishing goals for and leading campaigns to all market segments, including web sales, classroom adoptions, trade bookstores, libraries, and patrons in Victoria, TX;
* Preparing all sales presentation materials for sales reps and distributor, including the seasonal catalog;
* Creating and producing additional account-specific presentation materials, such as posters and promotional materials;
* Establishing pricing strategies;
* Generating daily and monthly sales reports;
* Researching and establishing relations with new markets;
* Planning and maintaining sales and marketing schedules, including title launch and planning meetings;
* Producing monthly newsletter for each of the marketing segments;
* Measuring the effectiveness of strategies once completed;
* Visiting book review editors at least twice each year;
* Providing leadership for potential book show on radio and the Internet;
* Creating budget for marketing, and ensuring that expenses are kept within the budget;
* Representing the Press at book shows, conferences, etc., as needed;
* Other duties as assigned.
Characteristics: Integrity, Ambition, Deadline-oriented, Outgoing, Believes in Goals, Enjoys Travel, Flexible, Organized, Fully committed to making the job successful
Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree – preferably in marketing, public affairs or related discipline
Minimum Experience: Two to three years in marketing or clearly demonstrable passion in supporting cultural or social causes
Language Skills: Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
Software Proficiency: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
When: Position to begin preferably in the beginning of January 2017, or until a qualified candidate is found.
Where: At the Press’s offices in Victoria, Texas.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: December 12th. Early applications are greatly encouraged. Only complete applications will be considered, and only applicants being considered will be contacted. Please do not make any inquiries about status of an application. To apply, submit a cover letter that addresses the qualifications for the position as described above and a complete CV with three references.
Email materials to Jake Snyder: firstname.lastname@example.org
Will be responsible, along with the publisher, to raise money to support Dalkey Archive Press from individuals, foundations, and foreign governments. We hope to find someone with relevant experience in fundraising who can do the job day one. Qualities: Outgoing, social, dedicated, well-organized, deadline-oriented, ambitious. We are willing to train an individual who possess these characteristics but do not yet have extensive experience in fundraising. Must be familiar with the Dalkey list in order to promote the Press to potential funders, and have knowledge of the arts in general.
Please send a cover letter outlining qualifications and experience and complete CV with references to Jake Snyder: email@example.com
Dalkey Archive Press is offering full-time internships for training and work experience beginning immediately. Interns will gain knowledge and experience in international publishing. Interns will receive a wide range of experience, and will be the first to be considered for any open positions or freelance work after gaining experience and qualifications. Specifically, we will consider applicants in the following areas:
* Layout and design (opportunities are available for internships to be compensated depending upon performance)
* Proofreading and copy editing
Applications will be considered in the order in which they are received. To apply, submit a complete CV outlining education, degrees received, any relevant experience, previous employment, computer skills and skill level, and any foreign languages and levels. Also submit a cover letter explaining what you hope to gain from this internship, time available to devote to the internship, and why you believe that your internship will be both valuable to you and to the company.
Submit all materials in an email to: Jake Snyder at firstname.lastname@example.org.